In my second year of recording I ventured out once again. Only this time I listened. I recorded some of the Singer/Songwriter Folk songs I had written. And these are still doing well. I found my voice when I didn’t use it, lol! My songs HeartStrings, Raindrops Are Tears, and Shoelaces of Grace all grew in popularity at various sites. And this time I hired someone to do the mixing/mastering and even had a guest vocalist or two. I had to capitilize on my strengths – my lyrics and music compisition – and let others help me with their gifts – the vocals and the production part.
This next year I think I am going back to my roots. I am going to be recording some Christian Praise and Worship songs for a new Album coming out this year. Being a Worship Leader, I think it’s time. I have my people, God gave me the songs, and I am going to just do it! What about you? What are your goals?
Questions to Ask Yourself to Find Your Voice
- What kind of music do you listen to now?
- Who are your favorite Artists?
- Pick your favorite Genre.
- What life lessons have you learned in your journey?
- What is the best advice you ever got?
- Do you like upbeat and happy songs, or silly songs, or dog and beer songs, or what?
- Think of emotions – do you want to write about love, breakups, feelings, thoughts, animals, or what?
- Why do you want to write and record?
- What are your goals? Do you want to make a CD, get on film, TV, radio, iTunes, GooglePlay, Amazon, or just put some songs up?
- Who do you know that can help you accomplish your goals?
For Diana’s Albums head over to the Store Page!